Monday 7 October 2013

Yo Yo It's Blueberry Protein Froyo Time

I really should be preparing for my exams but somehow I found myself in the kitchen ... again. This is a really easy to make chilled breakfast or snack that's packed with protein, two servings of fruit and calcium. It's so thick and fluffy (and purple!) it's like frozen yoghurt/ice cream so it's perfect for the days as they warm up in here in Melbourne. 




BLUEBERRY PROTEIN BOWL 
Tastes like: Creamy blueberry frosty froyo/ice cream.

Ingredients
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup protein powder (I used Nature's Way soy protein powder, vanilla)
1/8 cup no fat Greek yoghurt
1/4 cup skim milk (any)

Method
1. Mix together protein powder, Greek yoghurt and skim milk until completely combined, this is crucial!
2. Chuck in frozen blueberries and blend together (I found using a blender stick easier) until your desired consistency - I left some of the blueberries still intact to give the 'froyo' a bit more texture.
That's it. Finally top to your liking.
I went for bananas, dessicated coconut, almonds and dried mulberries.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy... can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so excited for you to try it lovely! Let me know how you find it :) :)

      Delete